Monday, February 8, 2010

Term Project

I've decided to do a taste sampling of different teas. There are so many different kinds of tea and it is something that I am interested in. I want to see what kind of different answers people can provide me with.

I have selected 8 types of tea that I will provide an organization on campus (that I'm part of) with and have them fill out my hand outs. The teas I've chosen are chai, black, earl grey, white, green, peppermint, passion, chamomile. I will have printouts of fill in one word answer questions. The questions I've chosen are:
What is the aroma like?
How does it taste?

In addition, I want to research a little background information on tea and see what sorts of lexicon they provide me with. (Especially different types of adjectives they provide for taste and aroma)


2 comments:

  1. This is a great topic. We have to discuss what questions you ask because I fear that these questions won't elicit the sorts of answers that you are looking for. more later. Dr. Freed

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea. It'll be very interesting to see how many different lexical descriptions are given for the same tea's "taste." I'm always amazed at how difficult it is to find the right words to accurately describe the taste of something so commonplace. I suppose I often take my tastes for granted. Maybe it's a variation on the "tip of the tongue" idiom. :P

    ReplyDelete