Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Starbucks

I decided to take a different perspective on the assignment. (I don't know if it will count or not) It isn't a cookbook, but a collection of ideas. Being a Starbucks barista, I decided to go on the Starbucks website to look for recipes (as I know they exist somewhere there). There is a section on the website called, "My Starbucks Idea". It gives customers and just about anybody to throw out a suggestion they have. People occasionally submit recipe ideas on here. I believe this gives coffee/tea drinkers galore a community membership significance. They can share their ideas and likes of what they enjoy. All of them being narratives of their experiences from Starbucks and their experimental drinks they have created, bringing them lots of happiness and excitement.

Examples from the website:

Submitted by smalleen75

"As a former barista who liked to play around w/ recipes, the toffee nut hot cocoa is amazing. If you put in equal amounts of mocha and toffee nut w/ the standard pumps of vanilla, it is delicious. I find the mocha to be rather rich, so sometimes I pump one less pump of mocha and one extra pump of toffee nut.

tall: 1 pump vannilla, 2 pumps toffee nut, 1 pump mocha.

delicious!!"

Submitted by Legacy

Okay, a Barista at my local Starbucks and I worked together and found a really good recipe for a Snickerdoodle Latte and a Snickerdoodle Frap.

Snickerdoodle Latte:

Standard latte base

2 squirts each of Vanilla, Cinnamon, & Toffee Nut syrups.



Snickerdoodle Frap:

"Start with a Cream base, but add a splash of Coffee Base mixed in with it.

1 squirt each of Vanilla, Cinnamon, & Toffee Nut.

Both can be topped with whip cream and Cinnamon Sugar.

Just a warning though... the Frap is SUPER sweet. But they both taste surprisingly like the cookie!"


1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting but more of an analysis of recipes (or even menus) than cookbooks. I'd still like you to do an analysis of cookbook tables of content or describe some particular cookbook of interest to you. Dr. Freed

    ReplyDelete